IAqualink 2.0 acting up

Acsing

Sep 6, 2020
Dallas
Upgraded to iAqualink 2.0 a few months ago. WiFi signal was a bit weak so I bought an extra Eero Pro device and WiFi signal is great now. Everything was working perfectly for 1-2 months until last week, I couldn’t connect to the pool through the iPhone app. When I go to the iAqualink website, it shows as the device being online. When I check my Eero app, I saw the iAqualink is connected with good WiFi signal bar on my 2.4Hz network but I still get the red dot on the app that shows it’s not connected. I have reset my router, readded WiFi network on iAqualink antenna, changed WiFi network name. It will intermittently work but it still has periods of time where it’s not working. There has to be something on Jandy’s server side because device is connected on my side AND the website says it can see my device. Any thoughts as to other resolution options?

I installed a wired access point under the eave of my house about 15 feet from the iAqualink to get rid of the problem. My problem was caused by all the neighboring 2.4 traffic. I wired the Ubuquiti access point to my router and placed the AP near my iAqualink and the problem completely disappeared.

Last edited:
I do Jandy warranty and i had this issue on a few boards a couple weeks back, after trouble shooting and going back through everything i noticed some of the communication wires on the red 4 pin that the builder installed where loose or stripped back to far that one was touching another or on one particular job they where just in the wrong place Red 1 Black 2 Yellow 3 Green 4 my suggestion would be to check all of your communication wires this fixed the red dot on all of the antennas we worked on

I had this problem several months ago. I have an Aqualink2.0, the 18 channel RF Transceiver, and a tp-link at the panel for wifi-boost communications (along with a plug in wifi-booster in the house at the router). Connection went away and my pool showed the red dot in the phone app; I could use the Jandy handheld remote, but the app on the phone could not connect. No matter what I did, pool was red in the app. I called Jandy and they said it was my cable company's fault, something about the router, etc. Thought it was BS.

I removed the cover on the Aqualink and the Transceiver. The Transceiver has a reset button and even though this is for the handheld unit, I pressed it. The Aqualink2.0 has a little white WPS button as well as a wired/wireless switch. I toggled the switch and also hit that WPS button. Reattached the covers. I then went to my tp-link, removed the comm cable and unplugged it. Waited 10 seconds and plugged it back in, along with comm cable, and hit the 'pair' button.

It worked. About a month later, the same thing happened. Instead of messing with the Aqualink or Transceiver, I just unplugged the tp-link, waited 10 seconds, and plugged it in again. Everything worked again and has been green since. Hope it helps.

Also if this is strictly with the phone app, it sucks. I get drops from the phone app all the time that require going into your phone app settings and totally clearing out all iAqualink app data. Once you do that, you'll have to login again to the app and it works again until the app scrams again. I am actually working with Zodiac's tech group (that wrote the app) to troubleshoot this issue.

Also if this is strictly with the phone app, it sucks. I get drops from the phone app all the time that require going into your phone app settings and totally clearing out all iAqualink app data. Once you do that, you'll have to login again to the app and it works again until the app scrams again. I am actually working with Zodiac's tech group (that wrote the app) to troubleshoot this issue.

Yeah my problem was related to the 'my systems' page on the app; my pool was listed but had the red dot (instead of green), so I could not actually get in to any of the function. Apparently there was 0 communication between the panel and the wifi and again would guess it was the tp-link (not really Jandy's fault). That said, my builder installed the tp-link unit because he knew there might be a problem with communication due to the location of my router and the panel, which are almost at different ends of the house. I only had this problem twice in the 2-1/2 years I have had the pool; first time was really frustrating and the second time was a quick/easy fix.

With regard to your comment, I would agree for the most part. After my pool was built in 2018, the app was really glitchy in that it seemed to lose connection fairly regularly. It was hit and miss whether I could use it or not, so I was constantly going to the handheld unit. However, there was some kind of app update earlier this year that seemed to fix my issues. I almost 100% use the app now and don't have the same issues I used to, although ran into a 'no flow' issue that I fixed but not sure how (I have a thread on that).

Lastly, I would just say that it seems to me it is difficult for Zodiac to troubleshoot the hardware/software side of the Aqualink. I would guess the development and integration was outsourced so they do not have the internal expertise to work out the glitches. In the 3-4 times I have called there, all related to the communication and function (my 'no flow' problem), tech support does not seem to be able to help much. It's like canned/standard questions and answers. I get it, but they should at least have one guy on staff with the knowledge that can figure it out. Maybe I am wrong or maybe I am just not dealing with the right people there.

Yeah my problem was related to the 'my systems' page on the app; my pool was listed but had the red dot (instead of green), so I could not actually get in to any of the function. Apparently there was 0 communication between the panel and the wifi and again would guess it was the tp-link (not really Jandy's fault). That said, my builder installed the tp-link unit because he knew there might be a problem with communication due to the location of my router and the panel, which are almost at different ends of the house. I only had this problem twice in the 2-1/2 years I have had the pool; first time was really frustrating and the second time was a quick/easy fix.

With regard to your comment, I would agree for the most part. After my pool was built in 2018, the app was really glitchy in that it seemed to lose connection fairly regularly. It was hit and miss whether I could use it or not, so I was constantly going to the handheld unit. However, there was some kind of app update earlier this year that seemed to fix my issues. I almost 100% use the app now and don't have the same issues I used to, although ran into a 'no flow' issue that I fixed but not sure how (I have a thread on that).

Lastly, I would just say that it seems to me it is difficult for Zodiac to troubleshoot the hardware/software side of the Aqualink. I would guess the development and integration was outsourced so they do not have the internal expertise to work out the glitches. In the 3-4 times I have called there, all related to the communication and function (my 'no flow' problem), tech support does not seem to be able to help much. It's like canned/standard questions and answers. I get it, but they should at least have one guy on staff with the knowledge that can figure it out. Maybe I am wrong or maybe I am just not dealing with the right people there.

Ah ok - this issue is your app then. Go to your app settings and clear out ALL app data. Not just cache. It should work again after you login. As an alternative, you can uninstall and reinstall the app but that isn't necessary. Clearing out the data should fix it.

Just to be clear. If anyone is having issues where it works on the computer, but not the phone app, the issue is a bug in the phone app. On android you can clear out the app data (both data and cache) and the problem will be resolved. I am not sure on Apple what to do.

If the computer app works, this proves there is nothing wrong with the WiFi connection. A WiFi issue cannot effect the app but not the computer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just to be clear. If anyone is having issues where it works on the computer, but not the phone app, the issue is a bug in the phone app. On android you can clear out the app data (both data and cache) and the problem will be resolved. I am not sure on Apple what to do.

If the computer app works, this proves there is nothing wrong with the WiFi connection. A WiFi issue cannot effect the app but not the computer.

Good to know. I didn’t even think about the computer but if anything acts up again related to the app, I will go that route as a way to troubleshoot. As I said, my app works 100% correctly all the time at this point. I hardly ever use the handheld now.

Ah ok - this issue is your app then. Go to your app settings and clear out ALL app data. Not just cache. It should work again after you login. As an alternative, you can uninstall and reinstall the app but that isn't necessary. Clearing out the data should fix it.

Not to get to far off topic but curious about your comment.....when you say “clear out all APP data”, are you talking about going to the WEB link in the app, going to ‘System Settings’ and then hitting ‘Clear Memory’? What does this do?

If my ‘no flow’ glitch happens again, I may go this route. My builder’s tech programmed everything though so a little afraid I might screw something up.

Not to get to far off topic but curious about your comment.....when you say “clear out all APP data”, are you talking about going to the WEB link in the app, going to ‘System Settings’ and then hitting ‘Clear Memory’? What does this do?

If my ‘no flow’ glitch happens again, I may go this route. My builder’s tech programmed everything though so a little afraid I might screw something up.

This is for Android. You press the "Clear data" button below. I don't think this will do anything for a "no flow" issue. That is more likely a hardware problem with the SWG tri-sensor.

1599829361930.png

This is for Android. You press the "Clear data" button below. I don't think this will do anything for a "no flow" issue. That is more likely a hardware problem with the SWG tri-sensor.

View attachment 162036
Got it. I'm on an iphone so I don't have this screen.

RE 'no flow', it was not a hardware issue. Builder installed a brand new sensor (thinking it was a bad sensor) and problem persisted. Only went away after app/schedule deletion and breaker resets. Still not sure what the root cause was but here is the thread:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.