Rockledge, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
So we had a three small rust spot in the pool, each smaller than an eraser. So I grabbed a nylon sock and put AA in it and placed it on the stain. When I removed it I now have a large black stain which is the dye from the stocking. Can I fix it and how?

Are you sure that you used ascorbic acid?

The results indicate copper.

Do you have any reason for high copper levels?

Can you remove the cartridge from the filter and show a picture?

Is the plaster color the same exact color as original

Reactions: markayash
Hi James,

yes, I’m 100% sure it’s ascorbic acid. The stain is a result of the dye from the stocking. I let it sit there too long. The rust spot is gone and now I have a stain. It’s lifting up slowly. I took a chlorine tablet to it last night and that helped a little bit. I read somewhere that having a little higher than normal chlorine levels could help as well so I’ll start that process today.

yes, the plaster, mini pebble is brand new. This pool interior was installed on 4/9/2021.

I am sorry, I mistakenly thought it was a smooth quartz finish. Sanding probably won't work.
But I think in time, that black area will (hopefully) fade and become lighter.

Thanks for the input. I am hoping it fades too. It’s faded a bit and I rubbed a chlorine tablet on it so maybe that helped. Who knows. It’s a painful lesson learned on my part. Only use white socks moving forward.

Reactions: onBalance
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.