I need to drain hot tub into pool....

partypond

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 5, 2008
Frisco, Texas
The hot tub fountain broke and a piece is still partly in the hole in the hole in the bottom of the hot tub. I can not get it out so draining the hot tub into the pool is my next option. I have the Aqualink pool remote so the valves are on remote changers so I can't just close the hot tub return (I think). So this is my question.,.. How do I get the suction of the spa to work and not the returns so the water will just go to the pool until I am done. If you need more set up info please let me know OR if you have other ideas, I am open to options.

I have posted pic of controls....

Attachments

• 001 small.JPG
    001 small.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 161
Most automated control systems have a manual mode or service mode that allows you to move individual valves..can you access this mode and change the suction to the spa but keep returns on for the pool. This will drain the spa like you want.

What is happening in your picture. Looks like water spraying out of your filter, or is it rain or something?

Thanks for the info. I can put it in service mode and see if that works.

The pool is under construction in the picture (completed 3/11) and they were running water thru the filter to clean out all the pipes and test some lines.

If you are talking about automated valves, there is a switch underneath them that allow you to manually control the position of the valve.
Feel around on the bottom of that valve and you'll find it.

Two things - make sure the pumps are off when you change the valve, and also make sure to put the valve back to it's original position when you are done so that the automation system works properly.

THANKS for all the info! I checked the control panel and there is a "drain spa" setting so I will try that today. I also found the switch at the bottom of the valves so that is good to know also. Hopefully this will work and I can get my fountain working again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.