I need something clarified

ouachita

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2009
324
0
#1
For mustard algae you shock normally and after you pass the oclt and have less than .5 cc you raise it to mustard shock level. Is this correct?
 

JasonLion

LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
May 7, 2007
37,879
5
Silver Spring, MD
#2
Yes, that is right. After a normal shock there will not be any visible sign of mustard algae, but it is actually still there. The an extra 24 hours at exra high shock level will get the last hidden bits of it.
 

ouachita

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 9, 2009
324
0
#3
Thanks. One other question. I passed and went to mustard shock level. Rechecked a few hours later and cc's were 1.5. Is that normal?
 

JasonLion

LifeTime Supporter
Platinum Supporter
TFP Expert
May 7, 2007
37,879
5
Silver Spring, MD
#4
No, it is unusual to see CC at that point. Check the CC again when the 24 hours are up and if there is still CC > 0.5 you will need to continue shocking (though you can go back down to normal shock level at that point).