I need pool help...lots of it...

Jun 24, 2008
I have a 20x40 inground pool that is draining my money! I have already this year spent $200 and still have cloudy water, ever pool place tells me somthing different. I have used floc 3 times no change. sand has been changed with no change in pool ....Ive read the pool school....but honestly I dont even know where to start ....Please help....

First, stop throwing chemicals (money) into the pool!

What people here need to help you is information - facts. How big is your pool, what type of sanitation system are you using now, pump info, filter info. Then, like Waterbear says, a full set of numbers (free and combined chlorine, PH, TA, CH). Once you provide that info, folks here will attempt to help. (If you don't have a testing kit, you should plan on getting one. But you can start by getting your water tested at a store - don't buy anything, just get the results - then post ALL of the numbers here).

Finally, you need patience and persistence. Pools take time to fix, there is a lot of water in there. I think the reason so many people get "pool-stored" is they want it fixed now! Right NOW! When one thing doesn't work, they buy another, and another. The advice you get here will require you to slow down, think a bit, wait for things to happen. If you follow the advice given here, you will have a beautiful, sparkling pool in time - maybe a day or two, maybe a week, but it will happen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.