I need pool help...lots of it...

addynaverysmom

Jun 24, 2008
I have a 20x40 inground pool that is draining my money! I have already this year spent $200 and still have cloudy water, ever pool place tells me somthing different. I have used floc 3 times no change. sand has been changed with no change in pool ....Ive read the pool school....but honestly I dont even know where to start ....Please help....

G

Start by posting a full set of test results and we will see what we can do from there.

tphaggerty

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Poughquag, NY
First, stop throwing chemicals (money) into the pool!

What people here need to help you is information - facts. How big is your pool, what type of sanitation system are you using now, pump info, filter info. Then, like Waterbear says, a full set of numbers (free and combined chlorine, PH, TA, CH). Once you provide that info, folks here will attempt to help. (If you don't have a testing kit, you should plan on getting one. But you can start by getting your water tested at a store - don't buy anything, just get the results - then post ALL of the numbers here).

Finally, you need patience and persistence. Pools take time to fix, there is a lot of water in there. I think the reason so many people get "pool-stored" is they want it fixed now! Right NOW! When one thing doesn't work, they buy another, and another. The advice you get here will require you to slow down, think a bit, wait for things to happen. If you follow the advice given here, you will have a beautiful, sparkling pool in time - maybe a day or two, maybe a week, but it will happen.