I love the weekend

98xc600

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2007
Southern MN
Enough said!!!

4938921485_e0c11b15c5_z.jpg

Details please! Is that smoked? How long? ~what temp?

I smoked a perfect pork loin a couple of weeks ago. Now, I don't say "perfect" in a boastful way, but rather in a surprised manner. I ALWAYS seem to cook it a bit long and so I dry it out...so I'd love to try a chicken. That looks REALLY good.

Do you do this kind of cooking every weekend? Where exactly in southern MN are? I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to get there. I could be there every Sat. or Sun. whichever day works for you to turn that grill on.

Peter_S said:
Details please! Is that smoked? How long? ~what temp?

I smoked a perfect pork loin a couple of weeks ago. Now, I don't say "perfect" in a boastful way, but rather in a surprised manner. I ALWAYS seem to cook it a bit long and so I dry it out...so I'd love to try a chicken. That looks REALLY good.

I smoke my chicken at 250 for 3 hrs with oak, then I move it to an electric roaster to finish it up for the last 2 hrs. So far Ive never had one come out dry (with that said the next one should turn out bad :-D ). The skin seals it up nice and tight to hold all the juice in. The family loves um.

Mona said:
Do you do this kind of cooking every weekend? Where exactly in southern MN are? I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to get there. I could be there every Sat. or Sun. whichever day works for you to turn that grill on.

LOL I'm sure it wouldn't take long at all. I live east of Ellendale and that's all the more detail I'll give or I'll have the whole forum here every weekend. One person would camp out at the end of my driveway and when they see smoke coming out of the smoker they would post it on here and everyone in a 5 hr radius would make it just in time. :lol:

Not that everyone wouldn't be welcome I just couldn't afford all the chicken. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.