Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Dear TFP Family,
Hey all, Jodi here, it’s March in Indiana and I’m itching for some warmer weather so I can open my pool. I just recently joined a Facebook group for swimming pool owners and was giving my TFP knowledge to help out some folks who had some questions. I got attacked by several moderators who are threatening to kick me off because they don’t agree with TFP methods calling them “inaccurate advice that does not meet pool industry, APSP, NSPF, PHTA, CDC” standards. Blah, blah, blah. I was only sharing the Chlorine/CYA ratio and reasoning to not ever need to use algaecide, flock or clarifier. I guess I stepped on some sore toes!
Anyway, I love this group and I’m happy to stay here and keep teaching my real life friends and helping where I can on the TFP forum.
Sincerely,
A TFP’er for life!

P.S. Now I’m going to go make my support donation! I hope if you love this forum as much as I do you will too!

I just recently joined a Facebook group for swimming pool owners and was giving my TFP knowledge to help out some folks who had some questions. I got attacked by several moderators who are threatening to kick me off because they don’t agree with TFP methods
I see some PM in your future if you think they will not rat you out! So sad they are SO closed minded :(

Anyway, I love this group and I’m happy to stay here and keep teaching my real life friends and helping where I can on the TFP forum.
And we are GLAD you are here! :hug:

Now I’m going to go make my support donation!
THANKS!

Kim:kim:

Shhhh, PM’d the OP to apologize for the mods publicly attacking me and hacking his thread. Wished him all the best and hoped whatever method he chose he would have a beautiful pool soon.
He messaged me back and we are talking test kits. LOL

• Love
Reactions: kimkats
If you want to win the argument, Point out the current state of the federal guidelines/ CDC cluster*party* and ask them how much faith they still have in decades old ways of water chemistry.

You might still get kicked out, but you can drop the mic like a BOSS on your way out.

Shhhh, we are still messaging back and forth. Now I’m teaching this guy with a new to him swamp, um, I mean pool, what all the Options on his Sand filter lever mean. Poor guy. Oh and the mods with all the head knowledge never helped the poor guy.

I got attacked by several moderators who are threatening to kick me off because they don’t agree with TFP methods calling them “inaccurate advice that does not meet pool industry, APSP, NSPF, PHTA, CDC” standards. Blah, blah, blah.

Whenever you go against the “grain” of commonplace (out of date) knowledge, you’ll run into the “mob”. It’s sort of like politics and religion, two topics you don’t bring up in discussion.

When I encounter resistance while talking pool care with people, I simply direct the person to this site, and ask them to do their own do diligence when they are tired of a green pool.
:cheers:

Curious, at a high level what are they telling folks to do?
They are leading people to buy all the shiny pool products that fix all sorts of issues. The mods that are threatening me are Pool Maintenance guys who say their 300,000+ work on pools for a combined 150+ years means they know way more that me. Which they do, but I just have a simple, low cost, less time, DIY approach that is different to theirs but apparently its no a "safe method" and "dangerous DIY without knowledge" or something like that. Some own pool stores, but no one makes a profit off of what they recommend because most people on the group are not local to them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
These FB pool groups will drive a TFP'er mad. Its disgusting how they will call a dull and cloudy pool beautiful and most people will not only encourage others to buy algaecides but also dump powder granules willy nilly. They dont believe in accurate testing and on any given day they'll all squint at their screens n argue with each other over what shade the dip stick guess strip is n what the clueless pool owner needs.

Yes, I don’t think I will last too much longer on there. I love love love pools and everything to do with them. I feel muzzled now. I even see other TFP minded folks giving advice and mentioning TFP and they haven’t been publicly shamed!
It’s rare, I mean like never, that anyone says “post a full set of results” and there is no way to know what kind of pool or size or filter or ch/SWG they use, nothing! Just shock and brush and add algaecide, then flock then boom pretty pool. I shake my head Knowing the algae will be right back the next time their FC falls out of target for the CYA their pool store leaves at 200!
Sigh...can’t save the world.

Reactions: zea3 and markayash
Sigh............Jodie that is so sad...........try to stay there but don't do anything other than read then PM the people you THINK might listen to you about TFP with some very soft pitches to them to feel them out. :hug:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.