I. Like. Big. Pools. And I cannot lie. (Katy, TX)

renesme

Gold Supporter
Jul 5, 2018
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Welp, it's official. Contract is signed.
So glad to have found this forum early. I've been taking notes on all the recommendations for literally several years. And I am happy with where the contact is. Definitely would not have known what I would have been purchasing otherwise!

Gunite, 30' x 10'11" with a 5' tanning shelf. 8'x6' spa off to the side
4' to 6' water depth
2 skimmers, 6 returns plus 2 bubblers, 4' sheer descent on back wall
All Pentair equipment, with Intellicenter and SWG (iC40) bundle, 520 ft2 cartridge filter
Intellibrite color LED lights
Wet Edge Signature Matrix pebble
travertine coping
spray decking
porch extension over the spa
I'll also be buying the robot separately later on

All in at $80k, which considering for covid pricing I'm ok with.
The wait list is at 14 deep, so it'll likely be a couple months before the dig. But I'll be happy if we get to swim this year.

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: mguzzy

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Congrats. I like how they utilized your existing patio for the spa.

Reactions: renesme

renesme

Gold Supporter
Jul 5, 2018
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Thanks!
We had to get creative with the available space. I like where we ended up.

HermanTX

Gold Supporter
May 20, 2020
Katy TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Welp, it's official. Contract is signed.
So glad to have found this forum early. I've been taking notes on all the recommendations for literally several years. And I am happy with where the contact is. Definitely would not have known what I would have been purchasing otherwise!

Gunite, 30' x 10'11" with a 5' tanning shelf. 8'x6' spa off to the side
4' to 6' water depth
2 skimmers, 6 returns plus 2 bubblers, 4' sheer descent on back wall
All Pentair equipment, with Intellicenter and SWG (iC40) bundle, 520 ft2 cartridge filter
Intellibrite color LED lights
Wet Edge Signature Matrix pebble
travertine coping
spray decking
porch extension over the spa
I'll also be buying the robot separately later on

All in at $80k, which considering for covid pricing I'm ok with.
The wait list is at 14 deep, so it'll likely be a couple months before the dig. But I'll be happy if we get to swim this year.
Nice!!!!! You will love the Wet Edge product. Also, with your travertine coping you be a go-to person when others ask about using Travertine with SWCG.
Remember to have both your skimmers plumbed independently back to the equipment pad for better control of each.
Keep us informed.

wreckem

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Nice design. Bit biased because it’s similar to mine. Mines 38x13 with a 6’ ledge and the spa centered with the the house. Didn’t have a covered patio. Originally didn’t add one but added a cover to our new 40x10 patio. It will cover half of our spa.

We signed on Dec 2. HOA approved on Jan 4. No permitting required it was dug around Feb 4. Was gunited after the snow storm. That’s where it has sat since. At this point I’m looking at mid June for completion but I’m in DFW and not the Houston area.

If I had found this site earlier I would have done 4 x 5.5 x 4 and made a few other changes(microbrites v globrites).

renesme

Gold Supporter
Jul 5, 2018
Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Nice design. Bit biased because it’s similar to mine. Mines 38x13 with a 6’ ledge and the spa centered with the the house. Didn’t have a covered patio. Originally didn’t add one but added a cover to our new 40x10 patio. It will cover half of our spa.

We signed on Dec 2. HOA approved on Jan 4. No permitting required it was dug around Feb 4. Was gunited after the snow storm. That’s where it has sat since. At this point I’m looking at mid June for completion but I’m in DFW and not the Houston area.

If I had found this site earlier I would have done 4 x 5.5 x 4 and made a few other changes(microbrites v globrites).
Ha! That does sound awfully familiar. Do you have a build thread on here? I'd love to follow along if so.

wreckem

Mar 3, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Ha! That does sound awfully familiar. Do you have a build thread on here? I'd love to follow along if so.
My thread is titled: New Build in DFW area.