Bronze Supporter
Apr 16, 2019
Bremen, GA, 65 m west of Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've had a gout attack for the last two weeks, and DH Mike has been taking care of the pool as best he can, but he's not as assiduous about it, because he doesn't use it. No one takes as good care of your pool as YOU do!

So now I have algae spots in my pool! So it's time for a SLAM. Started it tonight. Now to get hubby to check it and dose of 4 times a day, and brush it every time.

Dang gout!!

Yeah, well, it is what it is. Had an X-Ray this morning, I might have a broken fibula (the skinny bone in the outside of your leg), so there goes the season anyway. Lots of "degenerative changes" too, thanks to RA. Although the weather is so weird, we might be swimming into October or November!

Yeah, well, it is what it is. Had an X-Ray this morning, I might have a broken fibula (the skinny bone in the outside of your leg), so there goes the season anyway. Lots of "degenerative changes" too, thanks to RA. Although the weather is so weird, we might be swimming into October or November!
I have a buddy who’s got PA he just knew his feet hurt all the time & didn’t think much of it - the doc decided to xray & he had been walking around on a broken foot & had no clue 😩
Chronic illness is no fun - hope u feel better soon! Get u a plastic leg bag so u can still float around while you’re pool boy does his duties 😊

• Love
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool FC has stayed within 1 ppm of 16 all day, CC has been 0. If I pass OCLT we're done with SLAM. Quickest SLAM I've ever done! It actually passed OCLT this morning, but I wanted 2 days at SLAM levels just to be sure. No more green spots, hubby has been brushing and vacuuming like a good pool boy. He has not peed on the pump. Good pool boy!! :laughblue:

• Haha
Reactions: Mdragger88
Pool stayed within 1 ppm of SLAM level all day, then my son went swimming and blew the OCLT -- lost 3 ppm overnight! (He's a night swimmer.) So just to be safe I outlawed swimming last night, and FC once again stayed within 1 ppm of 16 all day yesterday. Well see in a couple of hours if it stayed that way over night.

And I see the orthopedist today at 945 am! Then I'll find out if I get a walking cast or, worst case scenario, have to have surgery to repair my ankle. :shark:

I honestly don't know. I rolled it about a month or so ago, and was walking with two canes, then I woke up Friday a week ago in agony! I don't remember doing anything else to it, and it felt just like an RA flare but in just one ankle. Turns out the orthopedist today said I broke it "and broke it GOOD" at least a month ago, as there was already signs of healing. I do have osteoporosis, so my bones are kind of fragile, but this is ridiculous.

Guess now I need to watch out for turning my ankles even more closely than I already do.

Oh, and passed OCLT this morning! Yay!

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.