I Just Got SLAM'd

B_A_T

Jun 25, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
O M G!!!! :eek::kim:

First year IG pool owner and even when I had my AG pool I didn't know a fraction of what I do now thanks to all of you! My water has been clear (so I thought and even my pool guy complimented me on how my water looked). I have been struggling with a brown substance (no not that!), showing up in the exact same spots for several weeks. I narrowed it down to either Mustard Algae or pollen.

Based on this I installed a skimmer sock and started my SLAM last Sunday. During the week my levels seemed all over the place and for the past few days have been steady (minus daytime chlorine loss). My OCLT has passed (0) 2 nights in a row, CC is (0)and no signs of "brown stuff". Oh, and I also passed the 4th test... dropped a dime in the deep end... it was tails! :D Even the wife came out and was like HOLY $H!T, our water has never been that clear!

My point this is I have read many threads where advice is given and the response is "I went back to my PS for water testing, I put in more pucks, etc. All one really needs to do is FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS here!!! I keep going out in awe, just staring at the water, I can even count the holes in the sidewall main drains!

Thanks to all the Admins, Mods and others here! Had I not found this site I would be pulling my hair out and dumping all kinds of chemicals in and all I would have to show for it is empty pockets.

Hats off to each and everyone of you!!!:cheers:

Awesome news! I had a peek at your Pool Math logs... You managed to successfully SLAM with high CYA. Well now, that's an accomplishment.

Now that you're atop of it, are you planning to do a few drain and refills to get that down so that you don't have to use so much chlorine?

Reactions: B_A_T
From what I can see, there are thousands of stories like this... I am one of them. Without this site, I would not have a pool right now. I would have given up on it.
It was out of desperation that I found this site years ago, and it "CLICKED".
I have never had a green pool again, and I open to a pool that is clear enough to swim in at the begining of the season. (Usually, I just need to vacuum .)

Reactions: B_A_T and Msch99
I'm another cloudy pool testimony. Never went green because I knew what to watch out for, thanks to this site. Now I've done a SLAM and a mustard algae SLAM, feel like I've been through the wringer with SLAM s. It can be done, because I did it! If I can do it, anyone can!

Reactions: B_A_T
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.