Lemonhead

Jun 3, 2020
Middletown NY-211
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I dug a trench around the pool for a ground wire. It’s an above ground , round pool. The electrician is coming today to do his thing and he mentioned that he’s going to drill a hole into my skimmer box because the code says it has to be grounded their as well. Has anyone heard of this ? I can’t believe that’s what he’s going to do. He mentioned it seals with a rubber gasket or something but it makes me uncomfortable and I want to be sure this is a thing you guys heard of . Please let
Me know what you think

Head,

The water in the pool has to be connected to the bonding system somewhere.. Most pools use a metal plate inside the light fixture or a plate inside the skimmer.

Sounds normal to me and I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: magiteck
A skimmer bonding plate is pretty common, but they make other ways of doing it that doesn't require drilling a hole in the skimmer. The Perma-Cast - Water Bonding Fitting comes to mind. You just pit a threaded branch tee in the plumbing and it screws in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.