I have a question about Algae.

Renob

May 14, 2019
Palestine TX
Hello all new to the forums and have been doing a bid of the reading on the site. Took my pool cover off 10 days ago water looked good with in two days it turned green. I had wanted to find a cheaper way to keep my pool nice and healthy and found TFP. My pool water testing kit shows up this Wednesday, would it be to my advantage to say empty half the pool and fill with new water before starting the process to SLAM the pool? My pool is above ground 24ft round pool with I think 14.000 gallons.

Thanks Everyone!!!

re,

That depends.... How cheap is your water? If you already know or suspect that your CYA is very high, then it can't hurt...

In my case, I can refill my 17K pool for about $50 bucks... It just does not make a lot of sense to spend more hours and dollars doing a SLAM if draining and refilling will cost less.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Test your water first to find out if there is anything warranting partial drain, i.e. high CYA (stabilizer) or high CA (calcium).
One thing to remember with vinyl liner pool is that after the liner is initially filled with water it looses it's elasticity and the more water you drain later, the bigger the risk of ruining it.

Test your water first to find out if there is anything warranting partial drain, i.e. high CYA (stabilizer) or high CA (calcium).
One thing to remember with vinyl liner pool is that after the liner is initially filled with water it looses it's elasticity and the more water you drain later, the bigger the risk of ruining it.
Thanks. I was not aware of that with the liner, I will wait and test. Should be getting my kit today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.