I got my VSF and Solar Touch, all is fine... except the installer got creative. Hmmmm...

Chuckiechan

Jun 10, 2014
Roseville, CA
See attached photo. The installer ran an inverted "U" from "pump out" to equipment. He said something about it being a good technique.
I have access to all my doors, and he is coming out Wed to fix a small leak, so if this is a dumb idea, I'll make him change it.
Feedback, anyone?
Thanks in advance. 103212

Can you easily get into the panels behind? Not sure it would be code if you can't.

Not sure why that would be a good design necessarily, but does not really hurt anything. If the pump was turned so the pump panel was not blocked, then you would have to add 90s on the suction side instead.

If you have a city/county inspector, I would have them look at this installation. I would not have anything blocking a panel, especially water lines next to electric panels. Access is paramount and if it's dark, that's a problem. Since you have a Pentair pump, it probably doesn;t trip your breaker as much as my Hayward ecostar does so I need plenty of space to get to my electric panel.

Next, why are some of your pipes painted black and the "U" not? ASk him why he thinks the U is good what is it helping. What happens when you take of the pump lid?

Finally, if that orange clear piece is a check valve, tell him you want it immediately replaced w a Jandy ck valve and not one that's going to fail in 2 or less years....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.