I drained approx 2/3 of my water and my CYA is still high...@ 110!

Water looks good. No algaecide. Does not really kill algae anyway. It is safe to swim with the FC above minimum.

You need a good clean filter pressure. Why not clean the filters and get that? Easy to clean cartridge filters.

Water looks good. No algaecide. Does not really kill algae anyway. It is safe to swim with the FC above minimum.

You need a good clean filter pressure. Why not clean the filters and get that? Easy to clean cartridge filters.
Thanks,

Thanks for your help and advice. It’s much appreciated.

I’ll be cleaning the filters next.

If you're only using the spa spillover, you'll have no suction and little circulation in the spa. You may find it's only dust/dirt settling to the bottom. My spa will accumulate dirt if I don't circulate the water well. I run the spa in spa-mode every couple days as I brush to circulate the water and get rid of the debris. Each week, I drain the spa in to the pool, then refill. Hopefully you'll find out you're wrong about the reduced flow through the returns after you get your baseline pressure. Best of luck!

Reactions: Jay15 and HermanTX
If you're only using the spa spillover, you'll have no suction and little circulation in the spa. You may find it's only dust/dirt settling to the bottom. My spa will accumulate dirt if I don't circulate the water well. I run the spa in spa-mode every couple days as I brush to circulate the water and get rid of the debris. Each week, I drain the spa in to the pool, then refill. Hopefully you'll find out you're wrong about the reduced flow through the returns after you get your baseline pressure. Best of luck!
This thought had crossed my mind! I’m so glad you said it. I’ll run it in spa mode and see what happens. I’ll also drain it into the pool. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.