I DID IT--My First Test

lorlou2003

Jun 24, 2019
Albany, Georgia
I got my new fancy test kit K2006-C and I have to say I was a bit nervous. It seemed scary, but once I got going, it went fast and easy. Not so different as kit I used years ago. It Had just gotten filled last week with new liner after 5 years of standing. Water looks clear. I put in a package of stabilizer pods yesterday and a gallon of chlorine. Here are my test results.
FC-2
CC-.5
Ph-7.4
TA-110
CH-100
I will be going out tomorrow and trying to see what I need. I already bought chlorine, baking soda, Ph , dang, up or down, whatever the baking soda does not do and stabilizer pods I drop into skimmer. I downloaded app for math, still trying to get handle on it. Thanks for any direction. :)

Welcome to the forum:wave:

It sounds like you are very willing to buy a lot of stuff but it doesn't sound like you know what that stuff will do to your pool. Sorry to be blunt but a tenant of TFP is never put anything in your pool when you do not know the outcome.

Please read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School. That'll give you the background knowledge you need to manage your pool with success. I suggest you not buy anything until we help you dose correctly and help you understand why you are adding these things.

Please perform the CYA test and post that up.

I got my new fancy test kit K2006-C and I have to say I was a bit nervous. It seemed scary, but once I got going, it went fast and easy. Not so different as kit I used years ago. It Had just gotten filled last week with new liner after 5 years of standing. Water looks clear. I put in a package of stabilizer pods yesterday and a gallon of chlorine. Here are my test results.
FC-2
CC-.5
Ph-7.4
TA-110
CH-100
I will be going out tomorrow and trying to see what I need. I already bought chlorine, baking soda, Ph , dang, up or down, whatever the baking soda does not do and stabilizer pods I drop into skimmer. I downloaded app for math, still trying to get handle on it. Thanks for any direction. :)
Which "pod" did you buy? I googled it and got several hits. I'm thinking it's this one
b577bba7-343a-4e3f-a72f-208b87e89034_1.f1f125cfaf84d19e8d1e03bb1dde8960.jpeg

I can't find a SDS for it, but one image showed a partial ingredient list. There is some CYA in there, but I couldn't see how much. And reading the ad copy, it sounds like there may be some borax added, too.

You've got a primo test kit and brand new clean water. Don't mess it up adding mystery chemicals.

Never add anything to your pool unless you know what it is and what it's going to do.

I did do the CYA and just missed it when posting. It was
CYA 35.
I bought what I had read throughout the basics of what I would need. I did the stabilizer and chlorine after reading it suggested to someone else with brand new water with a similar pool while they were waiting on their test to come in the mail. I work all night and many days and went to Walmart after my shift to pick up what I thought I might need. I did have the pool for many years before it went stagnant when my husband left me. It was getting slimey fast and I did not want it to get ahead of me. Yes, the pods in picture are what I bought. It was that or Clorox products which I read on here to not use. Lowes wasn't open in wee hours in morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.