I am sick of seeing snow!!!

dorpo75

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 8, 2009
NE Ohio
I KNOW I live in NE Ohio and I KNOW it is winter and I KNOW we get snow in the winter but c'mon. I think Mother Nature is a bit OCD with this "snow" thing. :rant:

In case you couldn't tell, I am DONE with winter.
I stand at the door looking whistfully at my backyard and pool blanketed with a TON of snow while impatiently waiting for the spring thaw.

It can't get here soon enough to suit me.

Dora said:
I think Mother Nature is a bit CDO with this "snow" thing. :rant:

I fixed the initials for you. They are all in alphabetical order now, like they belong :cool:

Don't know how any of you handle snow. Still in shorts here (of course, I don't own pants so I have no choice!), and cry when it gets below 60 degrees out or we get rain!

Hang in there, spring is just around the corner!!

We still have 2 feet on the ground from last wednesday, another 5 inches from Tuesday, and another 6-7 on the way in the morning here in Central MA.
I actually went out back last evening and shoveled a path out to the pool. I checked the springs on the Loop-Loc and they still have some compression to go. Looks like the middle of the cover is sitting right on top of the frozen pool like its supposed to. We usually get a February thaw for about a week, so i'm hoping this near 3 feet of snow gets mostly melted just in time for the late Feb., early March snows :(

I just don't know how you guys do it! It's 77 degrees here now, pool is 64 degrees (brrrr) and I can't wait for the warm weather to come!

How do you stay warm in that stuff?! I hate being cold (it's 67 in the house now and think I'm going to go outside to warm up) and can't imagine that long of a winter. Maybe I'm just too soft to live in that climate (but it sure looks pretty in pictures).

Yup...another round coming overnight...looks like 6-8" by me :grrrr:

Bruce 67? I gave the mrs and the kiddies a reward the other night and cranked the boiler up to a toast 65 deg :mrgreen:

Took the dog for a run today...(albeit 15 mins :shock: )..in shorts and a hoodie and the temp was around 25...quite balmy if you ask me :lol:

You guys are "manly men"! Layering to me means throwing on a sweatshirt (Mr. Rogers is the only guy I know who wears sweaters :evil: )!

"Toasty 65" :shock: Sheesh, I better never complain again about the "cold" here. What a wimp I am :oops:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
simicrintz said:
(Mr. Rogers is the only guy I know who wears sweaters :evil: )!

:

Ha! Couple of mine i got outside of dublin knitted by a little old irish lady. Pull over sweaters bruce, pull over.
Andyes, I've worn shorts at 30 degrees or so. We start wearing shorts and flip flops with a sweatshirt when it hits 50.
dman, my boilers been crankin. Heating oil is up to $3.16 :shock: I'm hopin i need only one more fill up before march.

Yeah...I just looked at my tank guage and it's about 1/2 full. $2.99/gal was my last fill and I'm bracing myself for the next fill in 2wks or so. That should (fingers crossed) get me through mid march...unless this snow keeps coming. Locked the kids out of the house, so that helps with the dorrs not constantly being open :shock: . :lol:

Wimps!
Supposed to be -7 here on saturday night. Pools probably frozen down 5 inches or so. You could skate on it. I have a 100 acre lake behind my house. The kids play hockey on it. I saw a couple dudes ice fishing a last sunday. Had a fire going out there made a day of it.

I like the 4 seasons. I wish it would warm up in mid march, but I like winter.

dmanb2b said:
Yeah...I just looked at my tank guage and it's about 1/2 full. $2.99/gal was my last fill and I'm bracing myself for the next fill in 2wks or so.

I usually dont let mine get below half a tank in the winter. I dont want to pay the high price on a full tank. JI usually do the last fill in march and dont fill again until late august when its around $2.50 a gallon.

But, i got to shovel out the side gate and snow blow a path to the back yard so he can get the hose back there.

Hey Bruce, how much do you pay for heating oil? HA! I bet you dont even know what it is, LOL

bk406 said:
dmanb2b said:
Yeah...I just looked at my tank guage and it's about 1/2 full. $2.99/gal was my last fill and I'm bracing myself for the next fill in 2wks or so.

I usually dont let mine get below half a tank in the winter. I dont want to pay the high price on a full tank. JI usually do the last fill in march and dont fill again until late august when its around $2.50 a gallon.

But, i got to shovel out the side gate and snow blow a path to the back yard so he can get the hose back there.

Hey Bruce, how much do you pay for heating oil? HA! I bet you dont even know what it is, LOL

Heating oil? Is that what you put your french fries in?! Or maybe it's those foo-foo candles my wife has that smell (stink :shock: ) up the room?

I don't have a clue what heating oil is! I think I could guess and be pretty close, but we don't have no stinkin' heating oil here!

I'll have to Google this (Ha! Couple of mine i got outside of dublin knitted by a little old irish lady. Pull over sweaters bruce, pull over.) to see what that's all about. Glad you knew I was aiming that one at you, bk :cool:

zea3 said:
Similar weather here Bruce. As far as I am concerned, it should be cold for Christmas and then warm back up to around 60 or 70 until summer. I can get by on very little winter!

We're pretty lucky it sounds like, huh? I guess we sometimes don't know how good we got it!

Cold weather is not ideal, but tolerable as long as it is dry. It's the winter precip that I couldn't take! I bet we would all agree that SoCal weather is the best if it just wasn't in California... :roll:

:mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.