I am on my third salt water generator in four months looking to replace with something better

antr

Apr 29, 2019
Long Island NY
I am on my third salt water generator in four months looking to replace with something better. The salt water generator that came with my pool failed it was replaced with a new model which also failed and replace with the same model again failed. All the generators a showing High salt. Independent salt water test show I am at 2900 to 3200 ppm. The company wants to give me another generator Is insisting that I am just having bad luck. I’m trying to get my money back for the generator which they are fighting me on because they don’t do returns on products that are opened. I’ve never dealt with such a company in my entire life. On that note I am looking to just go buy a salt water generator and put it in something that will not give me much headaches I know nothing is perfect but it’s got to be better than this I keep looking at the Hayward‘s and a friend keeps telling me about the pool pilot and a little torn what do you all use and why

Last edited by a moderator:
A,

Hayward "T" cells is the most widely used salt system and gets pretty good reviews here.

So does CircuPool which is DIY install friendly. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

We don't see many with the pool pilot, but that may be due to the cost, as it is supposed to the Cadillac of salt systems..

I hope your "independent" salt test is by using a Talor K-1766 salt test kit, as pool store testing can be way, way off... If you must use the pool store, take the same sample to 2 or 3 stores and see what readings you get..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes I have had three different tests one they came to the house one I brought to the store one I brought to a different store all show up fine salt levels. I myself can’t believe three salt generators failed in less than six months. But after the experience I’ve had with this pool store I am honestly not surprised. Everything I have bought from them has been made to such a low standard.

It’s what I’m beginning to think is a house brand. I believe it’s called salt Ways. Made in China obviously. It was part of the Package that the poke with the salt water generator the quad cartridge filter water one and a half horse power pump 15 x 24 semi inground beaded liner pool gas heater

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 46
What salt level does the manual require?

What salt level is measured by the company that sold you the unit?

What is the water temperature?

Do you have a link to the manufacturer's web page for the unit?

Who is the manufacturer?

What is the actual model number?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The SWG says it's rated for 18,000 gallons. Your pool is not much less. You should buy a SWG rated for at least 2X the volume of your pool at a minimum. As it is your SWG needs to run 24 hrs a day to hope to keep up. Buy a known brand SWG with as much capacity as possible and enjoy cool drinks at your crystal clear pool water rather than worrying about it turning green....?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.