nantucker22

Jun 18, 2020
Phoenixville PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So after a Long two months out pool is finally up and filled. I want to add checmicals and from what I read, right now I should be concerned with chlorine, PH, CYA? I tested my water (I think) and for zero for chlorine, 6.8 for pH, and CYA- the black dot never disappeared and I tried twice. I paid for the app but why am I so confused???

Have you bought stabilizer to add CYA to the water?

Have you bought liquid chlorine to add to the water?

What is your TA? Best way to raise pH is to aerate the pool.

Have you bought stabilizer to add CYA to the water?

Have you bought liquid chlorine to add to the water?

What is your TA? Best way to raise pH is to aerate the pool.

I have all of those things purchased and Ill check my TA now. it is 160

With a TA of 160 aeration will raise your pH fairly quickly. Even get your kids splashing a lot in the water.

You have the chemicals for stabilizer and chlorine. Use PoolMath to calculate the doses.

Add the stabilizer using the sock method not poured into your skimmer.

perfect as that is what I just did :) Can we swim? I'm assuming it is safe and I believe after we get out, we should add another 1/2 gallon liquid chlorine. Should i retest tonight or wait until tomorrow? THANK YOU so much for your help

Sure... go swim :paddle:

Test often as you want. Add chlorine when necessary to keep the FC around your target level. In time you will learn your pool and see when the FC level was correct and testing was not needed. Test your FC and pH at least once a day. You can test anytime it is convenient for you.

Sure... go swim :paddle:

Test often as you want. Add chlorine when necessary to keep the FC around your target level. In time you will learn your pool and see when the FC level was correct and testing was not needed. Test your FC and pH at least once a day. You can test anytime it is convenient for you.

I appreciate all of your help...and we decided to take our first swim...it was amazing :)

Reactions: caligrl2 and Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.