Hybrid pool heater vs gas

inverteded

Jan 4, 2022
AR
Hi all, new pool owner. We have just completed our pool - 40 x 22 feet (4 ft deep). We haven't installed a heating unit yet so I'm wondering if there are benefits in a combined Hybrid + Gas heat pump vs just a straight gas?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

I don't think there are many benefits to a hybrid heater compared to separate units. The hybrid does not save any money and if you have a major problem you can end up needing to replace one very expensive device.

The benefits of adding a HP in addition to a gas heater depend on your relative energy costs and how you intend to heat your pool.

Just like the TV/VCR combos is the late 80’s … looked awesome on the showroom floor but, in reality, they sucked. The VCRs would be dead within a year or two then you’d be stuck buying a new external VCR to sit on top of your combo TV/VCR …. I guess you could use the VCR opening on the TV as nice remote holder …

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.