Navarre/FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So typical thunderstorms and torrential rains typically hardly move the scale on my pool's chemicals. However here comes Hurricane Sally with 20 inches of rain in my area and limbs, leaves, and other debris.

So what were the results of all of this except for the hours to clean all the debris out of it? Really not as bad as you would think:
FC - 7.5 --- down from 10.5. Still way in range thanks to my SWG and the Turtle I had in bringing up my CYA.
CC - 0
pH - 7.2 --- did not even move it
TA - 30 --- down from 50. Added 91 oz of baking soda and we are up to 50.
CYA - 50 -- down from 60 that Murtle the Turtle had raised it to. Guess I keep some tabs in Murtle for a few weeks longer.
Salt - 2200 --- down from 3500. This is where the pool was diluted good. Added 211 lbs of salt to bring it back up. Will test it tomorrow for accuracy

Was there any damage? Though the pool was full of limbs and debris, there was no physical damage to the pool, filters, or pump. Now the SWG was flashing "Low Salt" and "Cell Maintenance". I added the salt and will test tomorrow, and I am hoping that the "Cell Maintenance" is just a tag-along light that came on because of the lack of salt. No idea if the SWG will still work, but the fact that it had Low Salt light was promising. I will turn it on tomorrow to see.

BTW... what was fun watching is my staircase in the pool being lifted up and down during the storm. That thing was my only worries. Here is a picture of what the staircase looks like. This was taken before the storm because the Hibiscus trees was completely bent over b y the winds.

Pool and Stairs.jpg

However here comes Hurricane Sally with 20 inches of rain in my area and limbs, leaves, and other debris.
Not counting how much mixes VS how much just spills right out, That’s basically a 1/2 water exchange for an above ground. Crazy doesn’t even tip that iceberg but it’s the only word that fits. Glad you made it through without too much havoc.

Just an update... put over 200lbs of salt in pool and started up the SWG. It started generating chlorine immediately and is registering 3950ppm salt. Very happy with this SWG.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.