Howdy from NorCal

NStoner

May 2, 2021
Trying to figure out why my pump is being difficult, hoping for some tips on something I haven't tried yet. I have a SF80110-2 that came with our 18' x 54" round Intex Ultra pool purchased last summer. The pump has run well for the first season but I noticed it starting to not perform as well lately. We were advised to run the pump for a min of 4 hrs. a day and had done so with no issues. Towards the end of the season last fall it started to run for only an hour or so and then very little output back to the pool. The motor would run but the output was very poor so I ended up just turning it off when it slowed down. For the start of the new season as recommended I changed the filter sand with new, backwashed and rinsed twice for good measure. Same performance as end of last season, short runtime to little output. Cleaned basket, barely anything there. What am I missing? Help please!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: For future reference, there should be no reason to change sand unless a pool store product like floc or clarifiers was added. Low water output is commonly related to an algae problem, even if you don't see green. I'm sure that's why Kelly asked about your filter pressure. I would also recommend posting a full set of water test results from a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit. That will tell us a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.