goodyFH

Apr 6, 2021
Auburn, KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My name is Thomas Goodman. My wife and I bought a house in Auburn, KY with a 24ft above ground pool. Ive enjoyed my aunts pool my whole life, ive really enjoyed that fact that she had to take care of it and not me! haha. I have learned a lot of how a pool pump and sand filter works, but now im to the chemical step and am a little overwhelmed. I have been to the local pool store many times lately for hoses and such. The lady there convinced me to use the Softswim chemicals for the pool. I purchased the stuff and after i did a little research and apparently there are many nightmares from it, so i returned it and figured id try and do this on my own (with yalls help of course). ive read through some of the pool school articles and i think i can do this! im gonna order the tf100 kit and go from there unless you guys have a better course of action?? thanks!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: You CAN maintain your own pool properly and much cheaper than what you will experience form teh pool store. Priority #1 however is having teh right test kit. A TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C is a MUST. Please start there if you don't have one. After that, give the link below some review and save for later. We'll be happy to help you along the way.