Howdy.. Another new pool in Texas

L,

Most salt systems can't control anything but the salt cell... But.. the Hayward AquaPlus is part salt system and part automation... I suspect it would work great for what you want to do..

Look at the list of features in the following link...

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks,
I opened another thread in the SWG section
To see what everyone thinks of the different types of Hayward salt systems. And if its really worth it to spend the extra money on Chemistry automation.

Happy New Year to everyone.
I got my plans and wanted to show them here so you guys can tell me if I need any changes.
I noticed he didn't put in the deck drains he had said, he is also missing a light by the steps. .
BTW we are looking into SWG, but don't have a quote for it yet...

20200106_084033.jpg20200106_083936.jpg
Screenshot_20200106-083757_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
is it really worth it to spend the extra money on Chemistry automation.

L,

If by automation you mean a system the measures and then doses the pool with the "right" amount of chemicals?? If so, then no it is not.. We have found that you need human interaction to make a pool work right.. Allowing a computer to do it for you is just a receipt for disaster.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Locotl
Love the lay out of the pool and decks.

Lets talk about a couple of things:
-the deck on the left side of-no way to walk to them without walking on the grass or in those flower beds. Me? I would take the flower beds out and just pour/put walking areas in their place.
-the back wall and shelf-3??? bubblers on that ?? That is a LOT of bubblers for that small area. Me? I would not do ANY bubblers there. Instead I would put a lighted water fall there. Think about sitting under that as it falls on your shoulders in the summer!!! OH YEAH!

Kim:kim:

I agree about the deck space, I would square it off on the left side. That would give you a lot more real estate for furniture and keep less grass out of your pool.
I also agree about the bubblers, I would put a sheer descent(s) or scuppers there instead....you will get more ambient water sound and like Kim said sitting under the water in the Texas heat sounds good...

Yes definitely putting a walkway step stones to the left side of decking.
About the mid section water feature.... I did not see a layout I liked with the sheer decents and a curved wall .... may have to research that more... our PB showed us a couple of options of sheer decents/waterfalls that we didn't really liked.

Last edited:
Love the lay out of the pool and decks.

Lets talk about a couple of things:
-the deck on the left side of-no way to walk to them without walking on the grass or in those flower beds. Me? I would take the flower beds out and just pour/put walking areas in their place.
-the back wall and shelf-3??? bubblers on that ?? That is a LOT of bubblers for that small area. Me? I would not do ANY bubblers there. Instead I would put a lighted water fall there. Think about sitting under that as it falls on your shoulders in the summer!!! OH YEAH!

Kim:kim:
Talking to the PB about doing a lighted sheer decent and lighted water bowls.
He liked the idea of the sheer decents but thinks that a fire bowl will be better than a lighted water bowl.
I'm sure running gas lines are not cheap. But apart from the price. Does anyone think that the lighted water bowls look cheap or cheesy (I thought it looks cool)
IMG_3563.jpg

I would like to hear from the experts here. I'm planning to get a water bowl, the PB uses a bowl that has a copper or a stainless steel "lip" . I'm going to have a salt cell, the PB says that it shouldn't matter. I'm sceptical about it, I would think that if I have a salt water pool a Copper or a Stainless steel in any part of the pool would be corroded sooner than later.
Has anyone have this kind of bowls with those "lips"?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did they pressure tested the piping? I only see black tape over the tubing. Make sure they bonded the rebar to the pad.
This is going to be an awesome pool! Congratulations!

Someone in the business like @bdavis466 or @jimmythegreek might have input. Definitely looks like the ground in my area of San Antonio. Make sure to update which city you are in on your profile. It will help later. Hope the weather continues to hold for you. It's been great lately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.