Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,
I have a check valve installed between the pump and suction line. That being said, I am not able to blow air to winterize my main drain with an air lock since the check valve would stop any flow in that direction.

In this case, how do I winterize my main drain?

Thank you.

I have a check valve installed between the pump and suction line. That being said, I am not able to blow air to winterize my main drain with an air lock since the check valve would stop any flow in that direction.
Where is the check valve located? (if on the equipment pad, can you take a picture?)
Do you know the make and model of the check valve?

Some check valves have removable valves. Some don't. If it is buried, I don't know how you will do it. If it is near the pad, it will depend on the type of valve, and a picture will give us a clue.

You do not state which type of check valve. If it is a Jandy or similar mfg. the top can be removed and the check valve removed. You have to knock out the pin to remove the check valve and then attach the top back to the body.

You do not state which type of check valve. If it is a Jandy or similar mfg. the top can be removed and the check valve removed. You have to knock out the pin to remove the check valve and then attach the top back to the body.
Great will do. Should be removable. Thank you.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.