How to upgrade test kit

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I am new to testing pools. I have a spa that I have been testing for a few years and have always used test strips, but I have taken over testing my pool (My pool guy was doing a horrible job. Free maintenance for the first year that he installed the pool). I purchased a Leslie's DPD test kit before I found you guys. Getting better at testing but my question is this. Should I purchase the TFT100 kit or can I get the refill pak and use my test block, etc from my Leslie's kit? Also I am on a Salt system and have the salt readout on my remote. DO I need to test this seperately as well?

How about Calcium hardness and CYA? Just wondering if it would be better to get the full kit and use what I have for the spa. Still have plenty of reagents except for the last TA reagent. Thanks for all the input!

And is the speedstir that helpful?

Although I still have a fairly full test kit I think I will splurge for the TF100. I have a freestanding spa as well so I think I will use most of the reagents before they go bad. :-D
I do like the blue case that the Leslie's/Taylor's kit comes in though. Is the case for the TF50 the same as the TF100?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.