How to upgrade test kit

kgriggs

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
I am new to testing pools. I have a spa that I have been testing for a few years and have always used test strips, but I have taken over testing my pool (My pool guy was doing a horrible job. Free maintenance for the first year that he installed the pool). I purchased a Leslie's DPD test kit before I found you guys. Getting better at testing but my question is this. Should I purchase the TFT100 kit or can I get the refill pak and use my test block, etc from my Leslie's kit? Also I am on a Salt system and have the salt readout on my remote. DO I need to test this seperately as well?

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
You can just buy the FAS-DPD kit from TFTestKits. They sell it as a stand alone test. That would give you a complete test kit compatible with the TF-100.

kgriggs

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
How about Calcium hardness and CYA? Just wondering if it would be better to get the full kit and use what I have for the spa. Still have plenty of reagents except for the last TA reagent. Thanks for all the input!

And is the speedstir that helpful?

lightingguy

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Glendale, CA
If you need CYA and DPD and CH I'd just get the full kit. That way you get all the little separate cylinders and it all fits in that cute tackle box.

By the time you buy all 3 ala carte you've paid for it anyway.

kgriggs

Aug 1, 2010
Columbia, SC
Although I still have a fairly full test kit I think I will splurge for the TF100. I have a freestanding spa as well so I think I will use most of the reagents before they go bad. :-D
I do like the blue case that the Leslie's/Taylor's kit comes in though. Is the case for the TF50 the same as the TF100?

Other Threads of Interest