How to test Jandy Actuators

Dcarter4

Feb 25, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Hi All,

This is my first post..but I've been lurking awhile. You all seem to know your stuff! I was wondering how I can test some Jandy 2444 Actuators that are NOT installed (i.e. sitting in a box for 5 years)?

Long story short...my pool was automated, then I went with a Variable Speed Pump...so I needed a need CPU board....then the recession hit...then time went by. I had them removed and they have been in a box
since then. If they are 24V, do I just need to run some power to them?

Reason? I am finally getting around to re-automating this pool....and I would like to use as many of these as I can (i.e. not buy new ones...if these are still good). Any help would be appreciated.

Dwayne

Dwayne,

Here is a diagram that shows how to make the actuator work without an automation system.. It should also let you run tests..

Please let me know if it is not clear enough.. You would just use a DPST switch in place of the relay..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Dwayne,

Double Pole, Single Throw .. Should have said Single Pole, Double Throw or SPDT as pointed out below... :rolleyes:

Basically power comes in and can go to two places.. In the diagram as drawn the 24 VAC comes into the switch and goes to the red wire on the actuator.. This will cause the motor to drive all the way to one end of travel. Moving the switch down, will allow the 24 VAC to go to the White wire, which will make the motor go all the way to the other end of travel.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.