how to repair safety cover

abfab

Gold Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a green mesh winter safety cover that has two rips - each one along a separate seam. I think each one is about a foot long but I haven't measured. I would like to repair them myself if possible. I could try hand sewing them but they are not near the edges so it would be a bit tedious. Trying to carry it to my industrial sewing machine in the basement would be a pita!!

The previous owners had other sections of the cover repaired before with a blue material underneath that appears to have been sewn on. I suspect that they had it professionally done.

I found a couple of repair kits. Would these work??

SAFE-N-PATCH Safety-Security Cover Patches - Green Discounter's Pool and Spa

https://www.amazon.ca/Rola-Chem-BS-1-24-Swimming-Covers-Repair/dp/B00H3TAFEW/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526396457&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=safety+cover+patch+kit

tia!

Do be careful and know that you are likely working with a cover that has exceeded it's useful service life and is no longer a "safety" cover. If you can push your heel through a taut cover anywhere, then it should be replaced.

That said, I also don't see great options for DIY'ing this type of repair up to good safety standards. Maybe someone will have a DYI option to get the cover from at least being see-through again.

How long should a safety cover last? I don't know how old it is but we've had it for about 6 years. We have a raised deck with a locked gate and don't use the backyard over the winter. Safety is more of a concern for us while the pool is open. Having said that I do want to make sure that if someone is back there they don't have a false sense of security.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.