How to protect exposed liner until fill?

May 19, 2018
Saratoga Springs, NY
Over the winter, my above ground pool’s water level dropped significantly. I assume there is a leak, that I have yet to find, but that’s another issue.

I am on well water and can’t fill the pool myself. I called the local pool fill companies and the earliest I could schedule the fill is almost two weeks from now.

Right now, the pool level is about 1.5 ft, so a significant amount of liner is exposed. I know you shouldn’t empty an AG pool because the liner can shrink in the sun and be destroyed. Will I be ok with this amount of water, or do I need to do something to try to protect the liner?

Should I put the winter cover back on?

If I'm reading this right, you have 1 1/2 ft of water in the pool? Dont worry about it. As long as the floor is covered with water, it should be fine. If I were you, I'd try to combat any algae blooms by adding a little chlorine daily and brushing the pool until you can get it filled. It wont stop debris from accumulating but itll keep it clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.