How to protect exposed liner until fill?

ToddGak

May 19, 2018
Saratoga Springs, NY
Over the winter, my above ground pool’s water level dropped significantly. I assume there is a leak, that I have yet to find, but that’s another issue.

I am on well water and can’t fill the pool myself. I called the local pool fill companies and the earliest I could schedule the fill is almost two weeks from now.

Right now, the pool level is about 1.5 ft, so a significant amount of liner is exposed. I know you shouldn’t empty an AG pool because the liner can shrink in the sun and be destroyed. Will I be ok with this amount of water, or do I need to do something to try to protect the liner?

Should I put the winter cover back on?

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
If I'm reading this right, you have 1 1/2 ft of water in the pool? Dont worry about it. As long as the floor is covered with water, it should be fine. If I were you, I'd try to combat any algae blooms by adding a little chlorine daily and brushing the pool until you can get it filled. It wont stop debris from accumulating but itll keep it clear.

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I would put a cover over the top just to keep the sun rays off. It can't hurt anything but do like Casey said and add some chlorine each day and brush it to mix it up.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.