How to lower TA

Jul 26, 2016
Olathe,Ks
We have just had our pool for a year. This is our first 'pool opening' this weekend. Water was crystal clear. YAY! We obviously had to add water about 8in. I ran the full test on everything and most everything was great except the TA was 190. CC - 0. CYA was a bit low too but I can raise that. I didn't have to adjust TA at all last year. My PH is 6.8 and I know how to raise that. I didn't know if I started raising the PH if it will make the TA go higher. I read everything I could find on here, but I am still confused as to what I need to do....Just aerate? I started doing that yesterday.

I dont' want to lose control of the pool this early since everything ran so smoothly. Do I need to go buy some TA reducer? Trying to get the pool ready for memorial weekend.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Lydi

Just aerate. That will raise pH without affecting TA.

TA will come down a little with the CYA addition. The CYA addition will also lower pH a little, so I suggest aeration before and while the CYA is dissolving to have things cancel out.

High TA by itself is no big deal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.