Cypress, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm looking to experiment with rotating spa jets in place of the standard eyeball returns in my spa. I'm pretty sure that I have Pentair eyeball returns since all of the other equipment is Pentair, but once I get the outer ring and eyeball out of the fitting, how can I tell if the inner fitting is slip or threaded? Does the presence of two grooves opposite each other inside the fitting indicate it is a threaded insert? The last thing I want to do is to try to force one of these out only to find that it's a slip fitting and that I've busted the outer pipe in the process. This CMP jet is what I'm looking to try.

1627928254608.png

The Waterway eyeball is the one I'm wanting to experiment with. The issue is that when I unscrew the outer ring of the existing eyeball and then remove the eyeball, I'm left with the external threads coming out of the spa wall, so the threads on the spinner has nothing to engage with. I know that the inner sleeve of the existing eyeball (the part that has the external threads) is either a slip fitting or a threaded fitting into the pipe in the spa wall. I just can't tell which type it is, and I don't want to damage the existing pipe trying to unscrew something that is glued in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.