My local outdoor pool may have problems. We're getting through lots of chlorine (trichlor), the combined chlorine is high, and the pool has a strong chlorine smell. We've gone from 0 CYA (pool had been completely emptied and refilled) to 85+ in about 6 weeks, even with regular dilution. Chlorine levels are normally maintained at 1.5-3.0ppm. The water is always clear, but I still don't think it's a happy pool. Am I getting in a knot over nothing? How high is too high for combined chlorine on an outdoor pool? All the guidelines seem to be written for indoor pools.