How to fix this particular leak

PoolBillYes

Jun 30, 2020
New Hampshire
Curious how folks might consider repairing the crack in the 45 degree elbow. There was a piece of rebar attached to a concrete blob that pulled away from the pool, taking the pvc with it, cracking at the angle. Right after the 45, it T's to one of the returns. There's not much room to cut at the 45 (unless I tried to get the glued piece out of the T), and it would be difficult to get behind the T to put an entirely new 45 and T. It's a mess and I'm trying to avoid sawing into the pool deck because it's brand new.

1593549144085.png

Sounds to me like a couple couplings, a couple short pieces of pipe and a new 45.. Seriously though, is there anyway to clear away more of the pipe on each side and get another shot?
Not sure how I can avoid replacing the T since there's not much pipe to cut and still connect the 45 to the T. There's already a glued short piece in the T that would need to come out, or I'd have to glue a short piece within a short piece and that concerns me.

Not sure how I can avoid replacing the T since there's not much pipe to cut and still connect the 45 to the T. There's already a glued short piece in the T that would need to come out, or I'd have to glue a short piece within a short piece and that concerns me.

Yup, even though you said tee, it didn’t register.. looks like you will have to replace that tee too. You’re almost there though so keep up to good work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.