how to connect a garden hose fitting to polaris 380 hose?

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
The pool has a Polaris 380 cleaner.. Instead of using a Polaris 380 cleaner, I want to use a manually operated, water-powered leaf vacuum sometimes. How do I connect that flexible hose to a garden hose fitting? Does anyone have that set up?

The hose itself is nothing unique. It is the most common one used with Polaris cleaners yet I am not able to find an adapter to connect to a pipe thread or hose thread (1/2" or 5/8") Amazon.com : Polaris 180 / 280 / 380 Complete Feed Hose with UWF G-5 : Sporting Goods : Garden & Outdoor

Your lucky day. I have this exact setup. My stupid polaris would go around randomly stirring up dust using >1kW dedicated booster pump for 6 hours a day. Now I spend 15 minutes/day to clean manually and use the booster pump during cleaning only.

The below pictures were earlier version, first picture shows polaris quick connector attached to piece of old regular hose with a hose mender on the other side. I also use skimmer sock instead of the net.

I got tired of connecting and disconnecting hose every day, so in the newer version I put the hose mender on the polaris hose itself and leave the hose connected to leaf pickup thing all the time. You can buy hose mender on HD or Amazon or Harbor Freight.

1_lc.jpg2_lc.jpg3_lc.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.