how to apply liquid stabilizer

gwtw

Apr 23, 2018
Kentucky
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It says on the bottle that you can add liquid stabilizer to the skimmer or distribute it around the perimeter of the pool. The pool store recommends putting it in the skimmer because they claim it will distribute faster that way. If I apply it to the skimmer, will I be able to backwash my filter in a few days or does the no backwashing rule only apply when adding granular stabilizer?

I recently read where a member added it to their skimmer and now it's stuck in there until it works it's way out. The liquid is pretty thick so I can see where it would get stuck. If I were to use the liquid CYA, I would slowly add it in front of a return, like we recommend doing most chems.

It says on the bottle that you can add liquid stabilizer to the skimmer or distribute it around the perimeter of the pool. The pool store recommends putting it in the skimmer because they claim it will distribute faster that way. If I apply it to the skimmer, will I be able to backwash my filter in a few days or does the no backwashing rule only apply when adding granular stabilizer?
It should all be gone in a few days so you can backwash without losing it.

I think I'd try mixing it with a bucket of pool water to make it thinner, then pour it in. Don't neglect to rinse the bottle several times to get every bit of that liquid gold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.