Angelnorgaard

Jun 24, 2019
Lubbock TX
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
First pool and new fill (again?)here and it is to my understanding that PH should be lowered first then TA. And then adjust chemicals. Just ran all the test and here is my results. How do I add the muriatic acid? Just dump I in or pour into the skimmer.

Attachments

• D04E7CB1-7913-4282-B414-30DA7B54D159.png
    D04E7CB1-7913-4282-B414-30DA7B54D159.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 70
Add chemicals to your pool at a return jet in a pencil-sized stream.

MA is pretty hefty on the fumes, so I find I have to hold my breath and sometimes step away and add in a couple doses.

Don’t add within 15 mins of adding chlorine.

Far more important than pH is FC -- you need to add chlorine and CYA!

TA is not something to work at. Monitor it, as you need the test result for your pH adjustments.

CYA acts as SPF for your chlorine. You have neither and algae is right around the corner! Head to Walmart and pick up stabilizer (CYA) and either Pool Essentials Liquid Chlorine or regular, unscented bleach, (no splash less, concentrated or Clorox which has polymers) and use your Pool Math to add correct dosage for your pool. Keep asking questions, we love them!

I like to dilute my MA in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water....then add it slowly in front of the return, but out from the steps where my stainless hand guard is.

When I added some MA to my pool earlier this year I did it before I put the ladders into the pool. Stuff is prett corrosive.

I like to dilute my MA in a 5 gallon bucket of pool water
We discourage this. You are handling the acid twice and thus can spill it easier. Best to lower to the pool surface and pour slowly at the pool return. With larger pools, you can just estimate how much straight from the jug. Smaller pools may need a plastic measuring cup.

Brush the area if you feel the acid did not get well mixed.

Reactions: cmx2dtw
We discourage this. You are handling the acid twice and thus can spill it easier. Best to lower to the pool surface and pour slowly at the pool return. With larger pools, you can just estimate how much straight from the jug. Smaller pools may need a plastic measuring cup.

Brush the area if you feel the acid did not get well mixed.

Good call. I should qualify the fact that I have pretty good experience with handling of caustic materials. Regardless of how people do it please people wear protective goggles, and gloves........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.