How often and how long do you run your cleaner?...

lorngraves

Sep 19, 2007
N. AL
I have the Polaris 280. Right now I have it on a timer to run from 2am-7am every day. I am trying to figure out if that is overkill or not. We have no trees in our yard, pool is full sun, only thing around it is a 3 foot wide river rock bed with pots of different flowers, nothing planted in the ground. Right behind us is a huge hay field. We are very rural. My bag is not filled by any means when I get it out in the mornings...mostly hair from my 5 girls, with some misc little bugs and such!! I am just wondering if I turned the time back any if it would clean the whole pool since it is such a rondom pattern.

How do you run your cleaners?

ktdave

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2007
Katy, TX
Best thing for you to do is cut back the polaris run time by an hour or two, see how that works for a week or so then cut back some more if it seems to be keeping up with the debris. I believe typically, 3 hrs a day is plenty for normal (not extreme amounts of leaves/dust in the air) conditions.

IkeRay

May 20, 2007
Houston, Tx
I only run mine every other day for 3 hours, but I don't really have much of a swimmer load. Some days I take a dip, but no more than an hour, and some times my daughter joins me for 30-45 min...so not much time.

do as ktdave suggested, slowly cut back on the run time and see how it does.