How much water should I put back into my concrete pool to make sure the freezing ground water doesn' t push it up out of the ground?

mikes112

May 28, 2019
New Jersey
How much water should I put back into my pool to make sure the freezing ground water doesn' t push it up out of the ground? Should there be more water inside my pool then the water table to ensure it doesn't pop out of the ground?

pool scaffolding.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a high water table? If you dig a hole as deep as your pool's deepest point, do you hit water?

Do you have a hydrostatic valve in the bottom of your pool you can open to allow ground water in?

Maddie :flower:

The water table is about 1.5 feet above the inside bottom of my pool. The pool keeps filling itself slowly to this level with water even when it doesn't rain so thats how I know this. Yes I have the Pentair spring type automatic resetting hydrostatic relief valve. But my real question I guess is should there be more water inside my pool then the water table to ensure it doesn't pop out of the ground?

07017-0151-3-1_41050691-0d7c-4461-810b-947369798e65_2000x2000.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.