Palm Bay, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
New to this salt system. Question: my salt generator is at 2700 how do I know how much salt I need?
Bought the house used, and know information came with the pool system.

Welcome! :wave: If there was zero salt in there now, it would take about 250 lbs. However, be cautious because pools that have been used for a while generally have some salt in there already, so you don't want to over-shoot too much. I would recommend getting a Taylor K-1766 salt test kit for that purpose before adding.

You are saying the Aquarite is showing a Salt of 2700 ppm? With that system, best to not go above about 3200 ppm.

First add just 20 lbs of plain salt (pool or water softener). Mix it in well and then turn on the SWCG. If still below 3000 ppm, add 20 lbs more.

No more than 40 lbs total before you get a proper test kit as Pat recommended.

You are saying the Aquarite is showing a Salt of 2700 ppm? With that system, best to not go above about 3200 ppm.

First add just 20 lbs of plain salt (pool or water softener). Mix it in well and then turn on the SWCG. If still below 3000 ppm, add 20 lbs more.

No more than 40 lbs total before you get a proper test kit as Pat recommended.
Ok thank you very much...Test kit on the way..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.