How much glass media do I need to replace sand?

NudeyRudey

Dec 27, 2019
Sydney, Australia
Hey,

Changing the sand in my pool filter as I have never changed it in my 6yrs of ownership and it does not appear to working correctly.

I removed the multi-port valve off the top and I was expecting to see sand, but instead there is this red crushed brick like stuff (right side of pic 2nd pic). That is what I pulled out from right next to the centre pipe which goes down to the laterals.

When I reached in and pulled a handful out from around the edge of the filter tank, it was a mix of decaying leave and white gunk and some of the red stuff (left side of pic 2nd pic).

The red crushed stuff is not sand or glass and does not look like Diatomaceous earth either – well maybe the white stuff.

The filter is a ECOPURE 25 (pic of details in the link)

cheers

Note to others-click on the filter and it will take you to his "stuff" pictures. Cannot call it sand at all! Have NO idea what it is. With you being on the other side of the pond it may be something your area sells.

I say it is a good thing you are changing it out. It will be interesting to see what it looks like when it is dry as well. What does it feel like?

It's ZEOLITE, it says so on the label!!!!

My stuff is red in colour.

OjHGmlV.png

Why not just use sand that has proven to last thousands of years?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.