How long to run a suction cleaner?

adamt

Feb 10, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I just got a Hayward Phoenix 4x suction cleaner, but I have no idea how long to run it for. I have a dedicated side port for it, so do I just leave it in the pool the entire time and take it out when swimming? Or is it a more of a use when needed kind of thing and then store it in the garage?

Thanks!

Flbeachluvr

Bronze Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Port Orange, FL
I think it would depend on how dirty the pool gets. While our pool isn't screened we don't get a lot of stuff blowing into it. I just run my vac on the weekends and pull it out during the week.

atttech-2

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 24, 2015
Central Valley CA
Most people leave there cleaners in 24/7and only remove them when swimming (some times not even then ;)) and run them daily, every pool being exposed to different amounts of debris run times very wildly, I for instance only run mine 30 min a day but I have a pressure side cleaner and am on the low end of the spectrum. Suction cleaners run a bit slower so I would suggest starting at a couple of hours a day and adjust up or down from there based on how the pool looks my neighbor has a suction he runs 4 hours a day.

Edit:
there you go already a different answer :D

Chncdafied

In The Industry
Dec 1, 2015
Converse
Try and run it only as needed, this will limit wear on the unit and prolong its life. Don't store cleaner in direct sunlight.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk