Jun 28, 2014
Kent, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all.
I'm constantly adding muriatic acid to our pool to reduce the PH. That being said, since 5-30-21 until today, I've gotten the TA from 180 to 90. It's taken me about 15 gallons of acid to get here. Is that to be expected, or is something wrong?

PH 7.8
Chlorine 2
TA 90
CH 480
CYA 35

Thanks!
Sam

Hi all.
I'm constantly adding muriatic acid to our pool to reduce the PH. That being said, since 5-30-21 until today, I've gotten the TA from 180 to 90. It's taken me about 15 gallons of acid to get here. Is that to be expected, or is something wrong?

PH 7.8
Chlorine 2
TA 90
CH 480
CYA 35

Thanks!
Sam
Sounds about right - are you having to add water to the pool during the hot months? If so - what's the TA of that fill water.

Mine wasn’t that high, but I got TA to about 90. Ph has stabilized and I haven’t had to bring it down since. I think I’m going to leave it around there.

TA if 90 is pretty good. Just wait until your pH is 8 and lower it to 7.4. Over time your TA should come down a bit more.

Hi all.

PH 7.8
Chlorine 2
TA 90
CH 480
CYA 35

Thanks!
Sam
Sam,

Sorry this is off topic, but I would like to direct message you about your skatable/swimmable pool. I am an avid skater and I have an in ground kidney pool that I have been tempted to drain in the cooler months of western NY (just like ohio). My research led me to your profile. I have not drained it yet for fear of destroying a perfectly good pool. I have a bunch of questions about maintenance and upkeep. Would you be open to direct messaging?

Thanks,

Ian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.