How I Ballance my Chemistry - Crystal Clear Water

Agua

Aug 17, 2018
Taylor Mill, KY
I have a 22,000 Gallon vinyl liner pool in Northern Kentucky. I check my chlorine every evening and add 10% Chlorine to bring the level to 8 ppm. Over the next 24 hours the chlorine level will decline by 2 - 5 ppm. I usually add between 50 oz to 100 oz of 10 chlorine per day. I have crystal clear water, don't add any other chemicals and never shock. I have tried lower chlorine levels but have had problems with algae. I have a very low Cyanuric acid level since I don't use Trichlor Pucks. The Ph raises with this regime so I need to add acid about once a week and occasionally raise the alkalinity. Remaining chemical levels do not fluctuate enough to worry about.

What are you using to test? Can you post a full set of test results?

Based solely on your description I would say you’re probably increasing TA when you don’t need to, and your CYA might be a bit low, but I don’t have any numbers to base that on.

Welcome to the forum!

Without test results, we have no idea what your pool water chemistry needs.

Post up your test results.

Hey welcome to the forum! I'm just across the Licking from you but grew up over in Kenton Co. For most of July, I've been adding 64 oz of 10% from Walmart every day.

It's funny you mention that about the PH and adding acid. I had a new liner done in June and filled from my garden hose. TA was 70 on the fill water, and my PH has been sitting at 7.4 - 7.6 all summer. I haven't had to dose with acid at all yet.

You sound like you are doing about the same as myself. If I were to average it out I would use about 80 Oz a day. I buy mine from Remkey at good price. I am familiar with Melbourn. We used to have a river camp at Oneonta just down the road. We would always stop at the Melbourne Mall.

Also, Menards typically does a 2-for-1 sale on liquid chlorine around memorial day, labor day, and independence day, for future reference.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.