How Far is Too Far? And Plumbing Advice

Palpatine

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2019
West Hills, CA
Hi All,

So I'm moving my pool equipment about 40-45 feet from where it is right now (pic attached)... wondering if that's too far of a run for my equipment to work properly?

Also, since I'm moving everything, I can have my contractor configure my equipment on the new pad however I like. Is there an "optimal" setup for what I've got? Also would like to leave room for adding a SWG in the future... but are there any diagrams that I should be looking at now to provide/direct my contractor?

The white pipe that is currently coming out of the ground, with a rag over it, is for a dedicated vacuum line (Kreepy Krauly). That will need to be tied in somehow.

Lastly, I've seen a few threads on this forum about using Spa Flex? I guess that's just flexible schedule 40 PVC... but I've seen mixed reviews on that stuff. Worth using or not?

Thanks for reviewing my thread.Pool Equipment Relocation.jpgPool Equipment.jpg

Last edited:
Preferred pad set up is pump—-filter—-heater——SWCG

Put the suction lines coming up the side of the pad by the pump and the return lines at the other end by the heater.

Alot of the clutter of your existing pad is due to pipes and electrical coming up the middle of the slab. Bring pipes and electrical up the side of the slab, not under it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.