How early can I test for an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test?

I suggest you slam for an extra day to be certain you're done and then do the OCLT along with all 3 criteria.
Failed the OCLT. Water has been crystal clear and has a CC of 0.5ppm, but I lost 3ppm of FC during the OCLT. I’ll be going on day 11 of the SLAM. Started because I had a CC of 1.5ppm. I’ve been brushing and vacuuming every day too. Filter pressure has been good. Is there a need to backwash during a SLAM if the filter pressure hasn’t increased?

Attachments

• EEE1E4B4-D783-4993-BB2A-C7079AC6EFF7.jpeg
    EEE1E4B4-D783-4993-BB2A-C7079AC6EFF7.jpeg
    745.9 KB · Views: 13
Backwash your filter when your filter pressure rises by 25% over clean filter pressure.

Stay at the SLAM. Check all possible hiding places for algae, Light niche, skimmer throat, weir door, etc.

Does your light have a metal ring around it? If so, check for a single screw near the top. Remove that screw, the ring should swing down, and the light assembly brought to the surface on the deck. Then clean the niche. Be ready -----

Does your light have a metal ring around it? If so, check for a single screw near the top. Remove that screw, the ring should swing down, and the light assembly brought to the surface on the deck. Then clean the niche. Be ready -----
It has a white plastic ring with a single screw on top. I’ll do that. Is it likely to be pretty nasty behind there?

Attachments

• 3C96F3B9-3839-4DCA-8077-0F94A23A478E.jpeg
    3C96F3B9-3839-4DCA-8077-0F94A23A478E.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 10

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Failed the OCLT. Water has been crystal clear and has a CC of 0.5ppm, but I lost 3ppm of FC during the OCLT. I’ll be going on day 11 of the SLAM. Started because I had a CC of 1.5ppm. I’ve been brushing and vacuuming every day too. Filter pressure has been good. Is there a need to backwash during a SLAM if the filter pressure hasn’t increased?
The answer is maybe and that's final. The light is a good place to start.

Then there's the skimmer

And I can't find the thread, but within the last couple weeks someone struggled with finishing a slam on a crystal clear pool and it was some kind of slime on his cartridge filter. A good cleaning and he passed.

The answer is maybe and that's final. The light is a good place to start.

Then there's the skimmer

And I can't find the thread, but within the last couple weeks someone struggled with finishing a slam on a crystal clear pool and it was some kind of slime on his cartridge filter. A good cleaning and he passed.
Thank you. The photos from that light niche thread were shocking. I’ll start there. I’ve scrubbed the inside of skimmer already and I don’t have a weir door.

Another place where I once found algae is in the connections of the individual segments of the pool hose. If you have a suction side cleaner that is permanently in the water and the hose is not fully submerged, then algae can get a hold in there. If you have one of those segmented hoses, then it's worth taking that apart, and give the connections a good brush and soak in your SLAM level water.

Hard to say. May be done tonight. Leave the light out of the niche over night. Also, if you can hang the light into the water so it is fully immersed in the SLAM level FC water too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.