NY, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey all, I'm pricing out some new equipment for the spring and I've gotten two very different quotes from local Hayward dealers.

I'd like to upgrade my pump and add a gas heater. The new pump is the Super Pump VS 700 Omni (HL2670020VSP) and the gas heater is the H150FDN. One quote I got was $5300 for both items, and the other was $3669. Both quotes are including installation but not running any gas/electric lines.

Obviously that's a huge difference. Hayward doesn't publish prices for these so I don't know what to expect. Are the dealers free to set their own markup or is it possible one of the quotes is incorrect?

Dealers are able to set their own prices but you should be sure that they are quoting on the same pieces of equipment. Did you get a quote from a retail store (higher overhead) and then an independent contractor (usually lower overhead)? All of these things make a difference in what will be quoted.

Reactions: riny
I found the same when shopping for my Pentair equipment. Wild variation in pricing, with the pool stores being nearly double the other sources as poolman suggests. Pays to shop around for sure.

Reactions: riny
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.