How do I turn on my waterfall?

amygtx

Gold Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
DFW, Texas
I bought a new house and it has a pool. I'm slowly trying to learn the equipment thanks to everyone here! Next on my list, figure out how to operate the waterfall.

Here are two overview pictures of my pool equipment. I do have a couple of pictures close up of different parts, so please let me know if you'd like a closeup of any section. From what I've observed, when the pentair legend (vacuum) is running, it and the waterfall seem to take turns. The pentair will move a bit, then stop and the waterfall comes on. Then the waterfall runs a bit, then it stops and the pentair comes back on.

How can I just have the waterfall run on its own?

pool equipment - all from end.jpgpool equipment - all.jpg

Texas Splash

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Sounds like your waterfall and vacuum are competing for the same water pressure. Follow the PVC plumbing "out" of the filter back to the pool. I see more than one type of valve "after" the filter, so I'm sure the valves adjust flow to your waterfall, return jets, and it looks like also your pressure-side operated vacuum. You can turn each valve one at a time partially and watch for changes in the pool and equipment to see what works best for you at the time. Remember with the black 3-way handles - the handle side is the "open" end of the valve. That duckbill/flat part of the black valve means closed. Hope that helps.