how do i start up my pool after replastering is complete?

dcini111

Mar 25, 2021
houston
just had a contractor replaster and tile my pool. im filling it up slowly as he recommended. i was told by the pool store not to add shock at first but to put in 6 bottles of acid. then one bottle per day for 15 days, brushing the sides 2x day. is this correct? he says the acid cures the plaster....but will it dissipate so its not harmful? and doesnt it eat the new colored plaster?

Honestly, I don't think the pool store should be telling you how to do anything. The contractor that performed your plaster job should give you start-up instructions. That's important to maintain your new plaster warranty. Are you still in contact with the contractor?

FYI below:

Please do some reading before you do anything, you do not want to rune your brand new plaster install with bad advice from a pool store..

what test kit do you have so you know what levels your water is at that your filling with?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.